Introduction To Bacteriology
9 MAY 2018
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Time: 9:00am-11:00am (Pacific); 12:00pm-2:00pm (Eastern)
Instructor: Dr. Harriet Burge, EMLab P&K's Director of Aerobiology
CEU's: See below
You will learn about the background and role of bacteria in regards to human health effects, bacterial sampling, and analytical methods. This webinar is highly recommended if you need to implement a bacterial sampling program or if you have questions about the bacterial analyses offered by EMLab P&K.
Instructor: Dr. Harriet Burge, EMLab P&K’s Director of Aerobiology.
Dr. Harriet Burge is widely considered the leading expert in bioaerosols and helped pioneer the field more than 30 years ago. She developed and ran the aerobiology program at the Harvard School of Public Health for 10 years, and has served on many National Academy of Sciences committees on bioaerosols. Dr. Burge also served on the Board of Directors of the New England Chapter of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation.
• Introduction to bacteria
• Distribution and role of bacteria in the natural environment
• Bacteria that commonly colonize people
• Overview of the health effects of bacteria
• Overview of sampling and analytical methods for bacteria
• Legionella and Legionnaires' disease
• MRSA in health care settings
• Sewage: evaluating hazards
Continuing Education Units (CEU's):
• ABIH has previously awarded CM credit for this event (Approval #10-2500). The current event contains 2 hours which can be claimed for CM credit.
• ACAC: This course was previously approved for 2 RC's (Reg. #10061601)
• BCSP: This event contains 2 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCSP Recertification points (see BCSP website for Recertification criteria).
• BCRSP: This event contains 2 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points (see BCRSP website for CM point criteria).
• CRBOH: 0.25 RM points (Award # 2016-14)
• HIABC: 2 MRCs
• InterNACHI approved for: 2 CE hours
NOTE: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the live webinar and complete the survey within 24 hours after webinar ends (see link in "Thank you" email sent an hour after the webinar ends). PDF certificates are emailed within 1 week after the webinar.
Looking for a past certificate? Open a quick and free account at https://emlabpk.simplecert.net.