Mold and Health Effects
14 MARCH 2018
Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
Time: 9:00am-10:30am (Pacific); 12:00pm-1:30pm (Eastern)
Instructor: Dr. Harriet Burge, EMLab P&K's Director of Aerobiology
CEU's: See below
You will learn an overview of mold and the health effects associated with mold exposure. We will discuss hypersensitivity diseases and the important fungal infections, especially those caused by environmental exposure. You will learn about fungal allergens, how sensitization occurs, and the mechanisms for release of chemicals that lead to symptoms. You will also learn about hypersensitivity pneumonitis and toxicoses. We will review literature related to airborne fungal toxins and evaluate the supporting evidence.
• Human immune system and infectious disease with respect to the fungi
• Health effects associated with mold exposure, including infection, hypersensitivity, and irritant/toxic effects
• Recent literature with new evidence about health effects
• Dose/response and environmental guidelines
Instructor: Dr. Harriet Burge, EMLab P&K's Director of Aerobiology.
Dr. Harriet Burge is widely considered the leading expert in bioaerosols and helped pioneer the field more than 30 years ago. She developed and ran the aerobiology program at the Harvard School of Public Health for 10 years, and has served on many National Academy of Sciences committees on bioaerosols. Dr. Burge also served on the Board of Directors of the New England Chapter of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's):
• ABIH: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit (see ABIH website for CM credit criteria).
• ACAC: This course is accepted for ACAC RCs
• BCSP: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCSP Recertification points (see BCSP website for Recertification criteria).
• BCRSP: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points (see BCRSP website for CM point criteria).
• CRBOH: 0.25 RM points (Award # 2016-16)
• HIABC: 1.5 MRCs
• InterNACHI approved for: 1.5 CE hours
NOTE: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the live webinar and complete the survey within 24 hours after webinar ends (see link in "Thank you" email sent an hour after the webinar ends). PDF certificates are emailed 2-3 weeks after the webinar.