Mold Matters: The Affect of Fungi on Building Materials
1 August 2018
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018
Time: 11:00am-12:00am (Pacific); 1:00pm-2:00pm (Eastern); 2:00pm-3:00pm (Eastern)
Instructors: Francina Thadagiri, Laboratory Manager
CEU's: See below
In this class, EMLab P&K Laboratory Manager, Francina Thadigiri, will discuss how mold affects various materials in the built environment, along with the types of fungal flora that thrive on these materials. The class will review moisture identification; how to locate potential moisture problems; and preventive measures that can be adopted.
• An overview of mold and its proliferation requirements
• Moisture dynamics and structural dampness
• Various building materials impacted by mold and their deleterious effect
• Prevalent species in the indoor environment associated with dampness
• Investigations for hidden mold
• Preventive measures of excessive indoor moisture
• An insight into good practices to reduce moisture and mold
Instructor: Francina Thadigiri, Regional Manager (East Coast)
Francina is the Regional Manager for EMLab P&K’s east coast laboratories and has over 16 years of experience in the IAQ industry. Francina holds two Masters – Her first in Plant Sciences with a concentration in Microbiology, and a second in Biotechnology. Francina previously taught Botany for over 6 years to college students, and held the role as the Principal Investigator for a Medicinal Plant Project. She is currently serving as the AIHA‘s Technical Advisory Panelist, and in addition is a member of the IAQA‘s Government Affairs Committee.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's):
• ABIH: This event contains 1 technical contact hour and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit (see ABIH website for CM credit criteria).
• ACAC: This event is approved for 1 RC (Reg. #12060601)
• BCSP: This event contains 1 technical contact hour and may be eligible for BCSP Recertification points (see BCSP website for Recertification criteria).
• BCRSP: This event contains 1 technical contact hour and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points (see BCRSP website for CM point criteria).
• HIABC: 1 MRC
• InterNACHI approved for: 1 CE hours
NOTE: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the live webinar and complete the survey within 24 hours after webinar ends (see link in "Thank you" email sent an hour after the webinar ends). PDF certificates are emailed within 1 week after the webinar.
Looking for a past certificate? Open a quick and free account at https://emlabpk.simplecert.net.