Sewage Contamination: Microbiology, Health Risks and Remediation
16 MAY 2018
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Time: 9:00am-11:00am (Pacific); 12:00pm-2:00pm (Eastern)
Instructor: Dr. Harriet Burge, EMLab P&K's Director of Aerobiology
CEU's: See below
You will learn about specific microorganisms associated with infection risk that are likely to be present in the most common sewage handling scenarios, survival of each type of organism, conditions necessary for exposure, and susceptibility to biocides. You will also learn the recommended steps for cleanup and how to optimize the effectiveness and cost of cleanup.
Instructor: Dr. Harriet Burge, EMLab P&K’s Director of Aerobiology.
Dr. Harriet Burge is widely considered the leading expert in bioaerosols and helped pioneer the field more than 30 years ago. She developed and ran the aerobiology program at the Harvard School of Public Health for 10 years, and has served on many National Academy of Sciences committees on bioaerosols.
• Definitions of sewage and contamination
• Sewage sources and water categories
• Sewage microbiology and exposure
• Health risks including pathogens, hypersensitivity disease, and toxicoses
• Remediation including exposure risks, strategic planning, biocides and clearance
Continuing Education Units (CEU's):
• ABIH: This event contains 2 technical contact hours and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit (see ABIH website for CM credit criteria).
• ACAC: This course is accepted for ACAC RCs
• BCSP: This event contains 2 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCSP Recertification points (see BCSP website for Recertification criteria).
• BCRSP: This event contains 2 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points (see BCRSP website for CM point criteria).
• CRBOH: 0.25 RM points (Award # 2016-17)
• HIABC: 2 MRCs
• InterNACHI approved for: 2 CE hours
NOTE: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the live webinar and complete the survey within 24 hours after webinar ends (see link in "Thank you" email sent an hour after the webinar ends). PDF certificates are emailed 2-3 weeks after the webinar.