Strategies for Mold Investigations and Sampling
27 JUNE 2018
Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Time: 9:00am-11:00sm (Pacific); 11:00am-1:00pm (Central); 12:00pm-2:00pm (Eastern)
Instructor: Dr. Harriet Burge, EMLab P&K's Director of Aerobiology
CEU's: See below
It's essential to develop defined hypotheses and investigative strategies to accurately interpret data from mold sampling. You will learn methods for developing hypotheses from initial interviews with clients and onsite visual inspections and outlining sampling strategies to test these hypotheses. You will also learn how to interpret data from each type of strategy and suggestions for presenting data to clients.
• Lack of guidelines and interpretation of data
• Using field/lab notebooks
• Analytical and sampling methods and what they tell you
• Hypothesis development
• Mold investigative strategies for specific hypothesis categories
• Interpreting data based on hypotheses and well-designed strategies
• Using MoldScore and MoldRange in data interpretation
Dr. Harriet Burge, EMLab P&K's Director of Aerobiology, is widely considered the leading expert in bioaerosols and helped pioneer the field more than 30 years ago. She developed and ran the aerobiology program at the Harvard School of Public Health for 10 years, and has served on many National Academy of Sciences committees on bioaerosols. Dr. Burge also served on the Board of Directors of the New England Chapter of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's):
• ABIH: This event contains 3 technical contact hours and may be eligible for CM credit (see ABIH website for criteria).
• ACAC: This course is accepted for ACAC/IAQA RCs
• BCSP: This event contains 3 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCSP Recertification points (see BCSP website for Recertification criteria).
• BCRSP: This event contains 3 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points (see BCRSP website for CM point criteria).
• CRBOH: 0.5 RM points (Award # 2016-15)
• HIABC: 3 MRCs
• InterNACHI approved for: 3 CE hours
NOTE: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the live webinar and complete the survey within 24 hours after webinar ends (see link in "Thank you" email sent an hour after the webinar ends). PDF certificates are emailed within 1 week after the webinar.
Looking for a past certificate? Open a quick and free account at https://emlabpk.simplecert.net.