View list of webinars
Webinar: Infection Control and Environmental Sampling
Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Opportunistic pathogens are common in the environment and cause severe and sometimes fatal infections. This is particularly important when we are dealing with high risk populations or cleanroom environments. Recent changes in health care legislation, the highly publicized outbreak of contaminated medication from the New England Compounding Center in Massachusetts, and the planned standard for prevention of legionellosis associated with building water systems (ASHRAE 188P) are a few examples that highlight the importance for environmental monitoring to reduce or eliminate infections. In this webinar we give an overview on applicable regulations, methods and strategies for sampling. We will discuss risk management and will outline some applications that may be relevant for the indoor air quality testing industry.
• General introduction to infection
• Applicable regulations and guidelines (ISO 14644, USP <797>, USP <1116>, ASHRAE 188P)
• Design and execution of a sampling plan
• Risk assessment and risk management
• Recommended action thresholds for contamination
• Methods and applications to reduce or eliminate microbial contaminants
Instructor: Dr. Michael Berg, Regional Director at EMLab P&K.
Dr. Michael Berg joined EMLab P&K in 2005 and worked as Department Manager and Technical Director before taking the position of Regional Director. He holds a Ph.D. in Biology from the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany. Dr. Berg researched plant pathology and plant genetics as postdoctoral fellow at Oklahoma State University. He has published his work in peer reviewed journals and has presented at national and international meetings.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's):
• ABIH: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit (see ABIH website for CM credit criteria).
• ACAC (IAQA): This course is accepted for ACAC/IAQA RCs
• BCSP: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCSP Recertification points (see BCSP website for Recertification criteria).
• CAHPI(BC): 1.5 MRCs
• CRBOH: 0.25 RM points (Award # 2015-58)
NOTE: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the live webinar and complete the survey by Friday, June 19, 2015 (see link in "Thank you" email sent an hour after the webinar ends). PDF certificates are emailed 2-3 weeks after the webinar.
Click here to Register