View list of webinars
Webinar: Allergens and Allergic Disease
Date: Wednesday, March 16, 2016
You will learn about the role of allergens in outdoor and indoor air-related symptoms, and be able to decide whether sampling will be helpful in your indoor investigations. We will discuss health effects, allergen sampling, and how to interpret analytical data. You will also learn methods for preventing exposure and remediation. This webinar is highly recommended if you need to implement an allergen sampling program or if you have questions about the allergen analyses offered by EMLab P&K.
• Definition of allergens and allergy
• Overview of allergen health effects and their mechanisms
• Types of allergens: Food, Pharmaceutical, Environmental
• Allergen sampling and analytical methods
• Laboratory results and data interpretation
Instructor: Dr. Harriet Burge, EMLab P&K’s Director of Aerobiology.
Dr. Harriet Burge is widely considered the leading expert in bioaerosols and helped pioneer the field more than 30 years ago. She developed and ran the aerobiology program at the Harvard School of Public Health for 10 years, and has served on many National Academy of Sciences committees on bioaerosols. Dr. Burge also served on the Board of Directors of the New England Chapter of the Asthma and Allergy Foundation.
Continuing Education Units (CEU's):
• ABIH: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit (see ABIH website for CM credit criteria).
• ACAC (IAQA): This course is accepted for ACAC/IAQA RCs.
• ASHI approved for: 2 CE hours
• BCSP: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCSP Recertification points (see BCSP website for Recertification criteria).
• BCRSP: This event contains 1.5 technical contact hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CM points (see BCRSP website for CM point criteria).
• CAHPI(BC): 1.5 MRCs
• CRBOH: 0.25 RM points (Award # 2015-60)
• InterNACHI approved for: 1.5 CE's
NOTE: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the live webinar and complete the survey by Friday, March 18, 2016 (see link in "Thank you" email sent an hour after the webinar ends). PDF certificates are emailed 2-3 weeks after the webinar.
Click here to Register